My goal is to finish at least in the middle and retain our players, so we're doing pretty good by my standards.
The Tournament starts on Thursday 7/24. The next game is Saturday 7/26 at 8:30 am.
There other potential game times (depending on outcomes) on Saturday 7/26 are:
- 11:00 am: For 3rd place and for pre-consolation champion game
- 1:00 pm: Consolation champion.
- 1:30 pm: Champions.
Commissioner Merley also wrote:
Note that the Mustangs clinch 1st via the tie breaker (head to head) and the Spiders get 2nd...I'll see everyone at practice tomorrow!
... In the case of rain this Thursday, the tournament seedings will be based on current standings regardless of make-up games that are played, if any. Teams should not lose a seeding spot just because they couldn't get a make-up game scheduled.
... remind your kids of the following three critical fielding issues:
1. When fielding a grounder at first, run through the bag (don't stop unless absolutely necessary). [In other words, don't block 1st base!]
2. When awaiting a throw at home or any other base, do not stand in front of the base. A fielder may never "block the base" until they have the ball in their glove.
3. Runners must be allowed to round the base. Fielders awaiting a possible throw must not take a position beside or behind a base that will impede the ordinary path of the base runner.